Get personal

Love me? Hate me? E-mail me

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Big Rumor and it makes no sense

Someone spread a rumor that Dallas is considering bringing Larry Johnson on board. Such a move would make no sense, even if we traded Julius Jones or Marion Barber. Sure, Larry Johnson is a great back but I like our one-two punch. You can read a decent report on the rumor here.

There is one piece to the above post that caught my ire.

"The (Dallas) running backs don't offer that 'wow' factor,'' says a source close to the innerworkings of the Cowboys. "There isn't that guy who, when he gets his hands on the ball, makes everybody stand up and take notice.''

Oh really? Is such a running back a necessity? Has it helped the Chiefs? Has it helped the Chargers? What helps a team is chemistry and 100 percent effort. Dallas is lucky to have had the likes of Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Jay Novacheck and Moose Johnson. We were just damn lucky.
"Larry Johnson has that elusive "wow'' factor."

Do we agree with this? Is Larry Johnson a WOW player? I'm not really impressed with the guy. The Chiefs have a spectacular offensive line.

No comments: